There are countless compelling reasons to look to the cloud for enterprise software solutions. But what are the top benefits, according to the IT buyers whose responsibility it is to pick the safest and best solutions for their organizations?
IDG surveyed IT leaders at companies with 250+ employees who are involved in the purchase process for enterprise software solutions. They talked to CIOs, CTOs, VPs, directors, IT architects and managers. Across the wide range of industries and company sizes, clear trends emerged among the respondents.
HERE IS WHAT IT BUYERS FIND TO BE THE MOST APPEALING AND PERSUASIVE ADVANTAGES OF CLOUD-BASED ENTERPRISE SOLUTIONS:
- 67% – Disaster Recovery: Sometimes, the worst happens. Improved disaster recovery capabilities, including the economic resources to replicate content in multiple locations, helps organisations get their crucial solutions running as soon as possible after an emergent situation.
- 55% Data Availability: Organisations need to access their mission-critical information where and when they need it — as soon as they need it. Increased uptime of their service can lead to 24/7 data availability.
- 55% – Cost Savings: Hosting software solutions on- premises carries more than just risk; it carries operational cost. Hosting in the cloud reduces operational costs, including staffing, overtime, maintenance and physical security.
- 45% Incident Response: Larger scale systems can develop more efficient incident response capabilities and improve incident response time than smaller, in-house systems can offer. As seconds tick by, compliance fines can increase along with end-customer dissatisfaction.
- 41% Security Expertise: Organisations that provide hosted solutions constantly evaluate and evolve their practices to protect their customers’ data. Their customers can take advantage of this aggregated security expertise to improve their own operations.
- 37% – Geographical Disbursement: Local network problems are less likely to influence performance and reliability. Having data stored — and backed up — in geographically diverse locations protects organisations’ solutions and data.
- 29% – Expert Access: The best hosted software solutions employ top-notch security savants. Their customers have access, through their providers, to these specialists who deal with specific security threats and concerns.
Download PDF: Hyland-Infographic-Advantages-of-the-Cloud-final